Retirees living abroad? Here’s how to submit your life certificate

Each pensioner is required to present a life certificate, also known as “Jeevan Pramaan” in November for the maintenance of his pension. Those aged 80 or over can submit it between October 1 and November 30. Retirees can physically submit it by going to the bank or taking advantage of home services. The certificate of life can also be submitted online.

But what about retirees living abroad? According to the circular issued by the Department of Pensions and Retiree Welfare (DoPPW), the following procedures are available for the presentation of a certificate of life by a retiree living abroad

1) The circular states that in the case of a retiree / family pensioner residing abroad and drawing his pension / family pension through a bank included in the second schedule of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934 , the certificate of life may be signed by an officer of the Bank. A pensioner / family pensioner obtains an exemption from personal appearance subject to the production of a certificate of life signed by the aforementioned bank officer.

2) A retiree / family retiree not residing in India is exempt from appearing in person if their duly authorized agent produces a certificate of life signed by a magistrate, notary, banker or diplomatic representative of India.

3) Family retirees / retirees can also provide digital life certificate online through Aadhaar based biometric authentication system.

4) In the case of NRI retirees / family pensioners who cannot come to India to personally identify themselves, family pension / pension may be authorized on the basis of a certificate issued by an authorized official of Indian Embassy / High Commission of India or Consul of the Indian Consulate in the country where the retiree / family retiree resides. This certificate must be issued upon verification by the Retiree / Retiree of the Family on the basis of photographs pasted in the PPO or on the basis of a photograph pasted on the Passport or any other document of this type.

5) If the retiree / family pensioner cannot come to Indian Embassy / Consulate, he / she can submit required documents by post to Embassy / Consulate including medical certificate attesting the inability of the pensioner / family pensioner to report. in person. Indian Embassy / High Commission / Indian Consulate can also help retiree / retiree family to submit life certificate.

To subscribe to Mint newsletters

* Enter a valid email address

* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.

Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our app now !!

About Marion Browning

Check Also

Voter Apathy a Major Problem in Oyo State —Odekunle, Chairman of OYSIEC Forum

Dr. Olusegun Odekunle is the Chairman of the Oyo State Independent Electoral Commission (OYSIEC) Polling …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.