This tutorial is about sideloading games and apps on Oculus Quest. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Sideload Games and Apps on Oculus Quest. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to download games and apps on Oculus Quest
The Oculus Quest family offers a huge library of apps and games, but the SideQuest Marketplace can open up new possibilities. Since the Oculus Quest and Oculus Quest 2 are essentially Android devices, you can install APK files on them the same way you would on an Android phone. This means you can install anything from the Oculus Store, from the Android version of Netflix to games and apps that Facebook wouldn’t normally allow. The most convenient way to use SideQuest from April 2021 is using an Android phone. If you don’t have a computer, you can still use one to complete the task, although it will be more difficult.
How to Unlock Developer Mode
- Open the oculus app.
- To select Devices in the bottom navigation bar.
- To select Connect under your Oculus Quest headset icon.
- To select developer mode in the list of options under the headset icon.
- Set the developer mode switch to on.
If this is your first time enabling developer mode, you will need to follow the steps below to create a developer account with Facebook.
- A website will automatically open for you to create a developer account.
- Scroll down and select the link below create an organization.
- Log in with your oculus account.
- Enter the name of your “organization” (it can be anything).
- To select deliver.
- Accept under the terms of the agreement.
- You will need to enter a credit or debit card for identity verification. free be an Oculus developer. However, Facebook’s Terms of Service require you to verify your identity through this method.
With an Android phone
Now make sure you have USB OTG support.
- open the Side quest app on your phone.
- Select the connections icon on the left side of the bottom bar. It looks a bit like a Wi-Fi icon.
- At the top you will see USB OTG support.
- if you read detected, you can continue with these instructions.
- if you read Not detected, then go to the PC tab to configure SideQuest there.
with a computer
- Go SideQuestVR.com.
- Click on the GET REQUEST button at the top of the page.
- Select your computer’s operating system version, either Windows, Mac or Linux.
- Open the downloaded installation file.
- Accept any security dialogs that appear and complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, launch SideQuest from the Start menu, the applications menu or the quick launch bar.
Final Words: How to Download Games and Apps on Oculus Quest
Hope you understand this article How to Sideload Games and Apps on Oculus Quest, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.